Corporate Social Responsibility
Pioneer Polyleathers Limited is India’s largest producer of PVC Flex.
Its operating plant is located in the Integrated Industrial Estate of SIDCUL, Pant Nagar, Rudrapur, Uttrakhand where basic infrastructure is inadequate and socio economic profile is relatively weaker.
Pioneer propose to provide the financial assistance to the under privileged cancer patients living in the area of Pant Nagar/ Rudrapur and have taken initiative in conducting Medical checkups/ Eye checkups camps at Pant Nagar for General Public, including our employees & family members.
Management propose to take initiative in organizing skill development programmes for unemployed youth and providing with basic/higher education assistance to under privileged students.
- Honour the spirit of law as a responsible Corporate Citizen
- Aiming on helping economically weaker sections of people to fight & treat cancer.
- Promoting employment opportunities to youth by organizing skill development programmes.
CSR policy is applicable as mandated with the CSR obligations as per Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 as amended from time to time.
- Financial Assistance to Cancer Patients
- Skill development programmes for unemployed youth
Governance and structure
- CSR Committee of the Board
- CSR Team
Roles and responsibilities
CSR Committee is consisted of Mr.Vijai Kapur Chairman, Mr.Raj Kumar Gupta director and Mr. Sudhir Kumar Agarwal as independent director of the Company.
- The CSR Committee shall recommend to the Board the amount of expenditure to be incurred by the Company on CSR activities and the Board will ensure that the activities as are included the CSR Policy are undertaken by the Company subject o and in accordance with the provisions of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013.
- The CSR Committee may delegate its responsibility as an when deemed fit.
- The Composition of CSR Committee is disclosed in the Board Report.
Operational CSR Teamis consisted of;
- Mr.Anil Gupta
- Mr.Mahendra Rustagi
- Mr. Jayachandran R.K.
- Mr.Arun Koolwal
Operational CSR team shall be located at the plant and shall be responsible for;
- Develop Annual Operating Plan
- Secure necessary approval for CSR activities
- Conduct Needs Assessment Survey
- Own the CSR programmes implemented and monitor effectiveness of CSR initiative delivery
- Quarterly reporting on progress of CSR interventions
Depending on interventions/programmes, external experts shall be engaged on contract basis for planning, implementation and monitoring of the CSR initiative.
Voluntry participation by employee of Pioneer Polyleathers at plant site, and family members of employees shall be encouraged in the implementation of the CSR activities.
Amount of expenditure to be incurred on CSR activities
In every financial year, at least two percent of the “average net profits” of the Company made during the three immediately preceding financial years. The “average net profit” shall be calculated inaccordance with the provisions of Section 198 of the Companies Act, 2013.
Average net profit of the Company for last three financial years:
|Average net profit||Rs.2616 lakhs|
Prescribed CSR Expenditure (2% of the above)
Details of CSR spent during the financial year 2015-16
Total amount to be spent for the financial year Rs.52.31 lakhs
Amount spent during the year on CSR activities ___Nil________
Amount unspent, if any Rs.52.31 lakhs
Reasons for failure to spend the 2% of the average net profit in last 3 years in the Financial Year 2014-15:
The company has been working to design special portable toilets to be installed in the local areas nearby the Plant to promote hygiene and health under the Swachh Bharat initiative taken by the Government of India. The design of the toilet could not be completed due to water and light related issues which are being taken care with the help of experts.
The CSR Policy stated above is to be read in conjunction with the Companies Act, 2013 and Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014.
Any or provisions of the CSR would be subject to revisions / amendments in accordance with the guidelines on the subject as may be issued from the Government from time to time or as decided by the Board of Directors of the Company.
The above Policy Guidelines are subject to review at suitable intervals and subject to revision accordingly.